Each year the District participates in the Maryland Association of Soil Conservation Districts coloring contest. The contest is open to all students in grades kindergarten through 5. The District uses Peachjar to distribute to each of the 19 public elementary schools. The private schools receive the same information through direct mailings.
Completed sheets must be returned to the District by the established deadline date to be judged locally. For 2022, the submission deadline is Friday, May 27th.
The contest is divided into three (3) classes; Class A (K-1), Class B (2-3), and Class C (4-5). First, second, and third place ribbons and cash are awarded in each class. The first place winners go on to compete against other winners from around the state at our summer association meeting.
Class A: Kindergarten – 1st Grade
Class B: 2nd Grade – 3rd Grade
Class C: 4th Grade – 5th Grade
- Coloring must be done by the participating child ONLY, Use wax crayons – anything else will disqualify the picture,
- Do NOT enlarge or downsize the picture, it should be printed on 8.5 x 11 paper,
- Fill in ALL of the information on the entry form OR handwrite the students name, home address, phone #, age, name of school, county and grade on back of picture. Entries received without this information will not be judged.
- Return colored pictures no later than May 27, 2022 to the St. Mary’s Soil Conservation District, 26737 Radio Station Way, Suite B, Leonardtown, MD 20650, Attention: Haley Carter
- If you have any questions, call Haley at 301-475-8402 x 3
To print coloring page and entry form, click images below
**Print on Letter Size (8.5″x11″) Paper ONLY**
The full address to mail entries to is:
St. Mary’s Soil Conservation District
Attn: Haley Carter
26737 Radio Station Way, Suite B
Leonardtown, MD 20650